(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d16070000\x26blogName\x3dGayborhood+Radio\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://thegayborhoodradioshow.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thegayborhoodradioshow.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9095324181468991822', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

A Big Nelly Podcast bringing Hardcore queerness to your iPod!

Friday, March 03, 2006

GHR Over and OUT!

Gayborhood Radio is being exhausted. It has been a tremendous experience for me to start podcasting at the begining of all this mess and to meet so many wonderfull people. I have learned more about myself and through my emails and voicemails and archived content, I feel so great knowing that I have enriched peoples lives.

At the height of GHR I made the iTunes top 100 list. One day I even beat out the FOX News podcast! This was and always will be a trophy to me.

Podcasting helped release a lot of pain and anger and emotion I had pent up for a long time. Through a lot of my earlier "diary entries" I had the opportunity to openly discuss the abuse I went through as a child to the whole world. This was such a soul cleansing to me and if I did nothing else, it was worth all the money I spent to tell the world everything about me.

I touched roughly an average of 1500-2000 people in my peak. Can you believe someone would want to listen to little old me. This is a wonderfull medium and I am so glad I could be arond for the "early times". I have made friends with people that are beyond compare and are some of the best humans on this earth.

I love you all. GHR is dead, but I don't plan to be gone forever.

Marshal

PS. I got fired today from my job. I am so happy. My boss was such a dick. Never let someone tell you your not worth your weight in gold kiddos! smooches.....and kisses where it itches.

PSS. Hurt and stink.
GHR Over and OUT!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( I was just hoping maybe something was wrong with iTunes and that you'd be back soon. *sigh* This is upsetting.

2:29 AM  
Blogger higherthings871 said...

Marshal,
I really hate to see this happen! And Im gonna miss you!
The Queercasting Landscape just will not be the same without one of our sista's in crime, we started at around the same time and you have been a supporter and friend and we love ya for that!
Please don't be a stranger (and email or gizmo a bitch every now and then...ok!) Sorry about the job thing...however it sounds like it might be a good thing in the long run.
Well I love ya...I will miss your Voice!
PS: this sentence gives me hope that you will resurface sometime "GHR is dead, but I don't plan to be gone forever" ...so make sure your not gone forever!!
Peace,Love,Chicken & Hair Grease
-AJ-
Creator & Co Founder
The Rainbow Podsquad Network
Host of: HigherThings Radio, HTR Podsafe Music Show & Pillow Talk with AJ
Co Host of: Menstrual Mondays & Queerspresso

5:58 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

I just heard about your show ending on Yeast Radio and I am crestfallen at this news. I understand that you might need some time right now to get your ducks in a row but I sincerely hope that you come back to the world of podcasting. I really loved your show. Best Wishes - Adam

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh! I AM GONNA MISS YOU SOOOOO BIG TIME, HONEY.

Gosh...well, all the love and luck in the world. and if you do decide to jump back on the podcasting bandwagon, give your girl a holla!

and, I certainly don't want to be cheesy, but I do want to let you know that having the show to listen to...
just kept my world from being quite as mundane.


eks/oh, eks/oh.
jess, in providence RI

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad times for all ..... best of luck Marshall - hope to hear your voice through my iPod again sometime.

I'll miss ya -
Robb

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home